COLUMBUS – Today Governor John R. Kasich signed the following bills into law:
- Am. Sub. H.B. 233 (Schuring) authorizes municipal corporations to create downtown redevelopment districts and innovation districts for the purposes of promoting the rehabilitation of historic buildings, creating jobs, encouraging economic development in commercial and mixed-use areas, and supporting grants and loans to technology-oriented and other businesses; specifically extends the charitable use property tax exemption to certain museum property that is open to the public and that belongs to a public or charitable organization; and authorizes collection of a special lodging tax that may be levied by certain counties to be used to not only construct, but to acquire or equip, a port authority facility.
- Am. H.B. 242 (Hagan, Dever) designates the fourth Sunday of July as Blue Star Mothers and Families Day.
- S.B. 133 (Beagle) designates June as "Scleroderma Awareness Month."
- Sub. S.B. 182 (Balderson, Peterson) designates various bridges and highways.
- Am. S.B. 239 (Hughes) designates the seventh day of August as "Ohio Purple Heart Day."
- Sub. S.B. 264 (Bacon) provides for a three-day sales tax "holiday" in August 2016 during which sales of clothing and school supplies are exempt from sales and use taxes.