COLUMBUS – Today Governor John R. Kasich signed the following bills into law:
- Sub. H.B. 24 (Ginter) modifies the existing tax exemption for veterans organizations' property, makes appropriations and otherwise provides authorization and conditions for the operation of state programs, and declares an emergency.
- Sub. H.B. 98 (Duffey, Boggs) amends existing law regarding the presentation of career information to students, the calculation of Ohio College Opportunity Grant awards, and career-technical educator licenses; modifies degree requirements for interim career-technical teachers; provides an additional payment to school districts with nuclear power plants in their territories that meet specified criteria; and modifies the earmarked appropriations for certain payments to school districts.
- Sub. H.B. 194 (Johnson, Craig) establishes a program for the issuance of special license plates related to military service and awards and modifies the law that governs the nonprofit corporation organized to operate the Veterans Memorial and Museum in Columbus.
- Sub. S.B. 22 (Peterson) allows tax deductible contributions to Ohio 529 plans for K-12 education expenses, and declares an emergency.
- S.B. 143 (Eklund) designates September 25 as "International Ataxia Awareness Day" in Ohio.
- Sub. S.B. 226 (Bacon) provides for a permanent three-day sales tax "holiday" each August during which sales of clothing and school supplies are exempt from sales and use tax, authorizes a county school financing district property tax for school safety, security, and mental health services, and declares an emergency.