“Growing Resilience” is available to help parents understand the impact of trauma on children and how to help them heal.
This online publication is a Strong Families Safe Communities project administered by Greater Cincinnati Behavioral Health Services with funding support from the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities and the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services.
Instructions for reading the enhance e-book on your device:
Many tablet devices are compatible with enhance e-books such as:
- iPad, Nook Color, Nook Tablet, and Kobo Arc
- Streaming video clips (e.g. linking to a video hosted on a service such as YouTube or Vimeo) will only work on a device with an active Internet connection.
- Instructions for reading on a tablet or mobile device are specific to the type of reader. Please search for how to read eBook on my (Apple, Android, etc) device in Google to find more exact directions.
Devices that are not compatible:
- eInk eReader devices such as Kindle Touch, Kindle Paperwhite, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Glowlight and Kobo Aura cannot play video files and in most cases do not support audio files.
- If your device is more than 5 years old, it is likely that it will not support newer features such as video streaming in enhanced eBooks.
- There is a free application in the Apple App Store which you can download called iBooks.
- Android™ based tablets and phones using a reading app. Here are a few options: https://www.androidauthority.com/best-ebook-ereader-apps-for-android-170696/
Adobe Digital Editions is available for download on any device
Instructions for reading the enhanced e-book on your Computer:
Reading the e-book on your computer requires installing Adobe Digital Editions.
Adobe Digital Editions is a software that enables you to read the eBook, and it also stores and organizes the downloads, at least on a computer.
Please make sure that you have an Adobe ID. If you do not have one, you may create by going to “Get an Adobe ID“ at:
Once you have installed Adobe Digital Editions, follow these instructions to add the eBook file to your library.
- Open Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Go to File > Add to Library.
- Find the saved EPUB or PDF file on your computer. By default, files are saved to your computer's "Downloads" folder.
- Double-click an eBook to start reading