Web Content ViewerActions
- 7:30 a.m. Registration Opens
- 8:30 a.m. Welcome remarks from Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley | Video
- 8:40 a.m. Ohio Governor Mike DeWine remarks | Video
- 8:57 a.m. Ohio Children’s Hospital Association Board Chair and Dayton Children’s Hospital / President and CEO Debbie Feldman introduces morning keynote | Video
- 9:00 a.m. Morning keynote from Child Welfare Advocate Mark Anthony Garrett | Video
- 10:05 a.m. Transition
- 10:15 a.m. Breakout session 1 – Be Well (Prevention)
Children are shaped by their early experiences – sites, sounds, and interactions with the adults in their lives – for better or for worse. When these experiences are nurturing and enriching, children can thrive. This session will help attendees design environments and practices that promote the wellbeing of children and prevent the occurrence of trauma.
- 11:30 a.m. Transition/Pick up boxed lunch at exit from each breakout session
- 11:45 a.m. Lunch + discussion with Ohio Lt. Governor Jon Husted | Video
Facilitated by Ohio Mental Health and Addiction Services Director Lori Criss
- 12:15 p.m. Transition
- 12:30 p.m. Breakout session 2—Get Well (Early Intervention/Treatment)
Resiliency is possible for all children, even those who have experienced trauma. Through healthy relationships with caring adults, children can build resiliency, but children must learn to do so. In this session, attendees will learn strategies to identify signs of trauma and then respond with resiliency-building strategies to help children have the tools they need.
- 1:45 p.m. Transition
- 1:55 p.m. Breakout session 3—Stay Well (Recovery)
For some, recovering from a traumatic experience can be a lifelong journey. This session will provide attendees with ways to promote lifelong wellbeing for children, so that they continue to make physically and emotionally healthy decisions that lead them into and through adulthood.
- 3:10 p.m. Dismissal, CEU sign outs